Are you a BUSY mom? Well, if someone calls you “MOM” I can almost guarantee that you are B-U-S-Y! Moms are kind of the “one woman orchestra” around the house and home, between cooking, cleaning, laundry, driving, errands, shopping, and working- how do we find time to exercise?
The key is to realize that you are BUSY, however we also need to realize that e will never find time. There is no such thing as “found” time. There is only “time”. Everyone has 1,440 minutes in the day. The secret is to either plan time, or make time for what is most important to us. And if you are a busy mom, that means there are people relying on you to stay healthy and to stay in the game. So, making your health NEEDS to be on top of the to do list!
Here are some helpful tips to help you continue to be wonder woman.
- Start Early!
- You might look at this and think “NO WAY” but hear me out. What I love about the mornings is that generally no one else is awake. So it is my “ME” time, which we know the busy mom does not often get. Starting early will also help kick start your metabolism right away and the endorphins you get from a good workout can help power the day. The other beauty about doing a morning workout- is if you happen to miss it- you have the opportunity to get it done in the afternoon!
- Schedule it
- The early thing might not be for you; however, no matter when you decide to do it put it on the calendar or in your phone. Set a reminder and stick to it. There will always be something that “pops up” in the day, so if you do not set the time out to do it, it will likely never get done
- Make it a priority
- Consider this something that you HAVE TO DO. Like a doctor’s appointment or a dentist appointment. If your health really matters to you (and I guarantee you that it should, if not for you but for the people around you) you will always find a way. Think of how many things you are able to squeeze in to your day that most people wouldn’t think possible- you make it happen, because you make it important.
- Set up a support network
- Tell someone about your goals or about what time you are GOING to exercise and let them help by holding you accountable. The more people that know the better! On this note- don’t rip off someone head when they ask you about your progress or about how well you’re doing, they are asking because they care and know that it is important to you. For some extra support check out our support networkPVA Trainer Support Community
- Plan ahead
- Make sure you know what you are going to do ahead of time. Your time is valuable and that is why it is so important to have a plan! Sit down on Sunday ad plan your meals for the week or cut up some veggies and cook some chicken- whatever you have to do to make your week easier. Plan out your workouts so that you know what you are doing before you get to the gym or your workout space. If you need some ideas on workouts- check outPVA Trainer. It has free workouts and allows you to track your progress.
- Incorporate things into your workouts
- Why not have the kids join you while you get in a good circuit workout, or throw on your favorite show while you hop on the treadmill. Moms are kind of notorious for doing 10 things at once; why not do the same with exercise. Get the whole family involved. The more things you can incorporate in your health, the more likely you are continue with it
As a busy mom there is so much to do. Without our health we will not be able to do any of those things and that is why it should always be high on the priority list. Try to make things simple and fun to do. The easier and more enjoyable it is, the more likely you are to stick with it for a life time- and that is the most important thing. We want our moms to be around for a lifetime and by implementing a healthy lifestyle into your life, you are dramatically increasing your odds of watching your kids and family grow! As always, if you need tips, tricks or some motivation, DO NOT hesitate to contact our amazing team!
Thanks for reading,